Moog Animatics Introduces the Class 6 MT2 Industrial Ethernet SmartMotor™
Moog Animatics is pleased to announce the release of our new, fully integrated motor with smart distributed control over Industrial Ethernet, Class 6 “MT2” SmartMotorTM models SM23166MT2 and SM34166MT2. These SmartMotor™ products come equipped with two Industrial Ethernet ports, and they can be ordered to support EtherNet/IP™, PROFINET® or EtherCAT® networks.
This product release marks a critical milestone in the ongoing development of the Class 6 Industrial Ethernet motor line by providing:
- Onboard controls allow for distributed controls across the machine
- Combitronic™ technology over Ethernet (-EIP option only) allowing any SmartMotor to communicate with other SmartMotors and share resources utilizing UDP Combitronic™ protocol in parallel with the EtherNet/IP network
- USB port for programming, configuration and diagnostics
- SD Card slot for program storage and loading application-specific parameters
- Internal brake option for vertical applications
- IP67 is standard for wet/washdown environments
- And much more
Both motors provide an integrated drive and controller, which reduces wiring, increases reliability, simplifies installation and reduces setup time. Plus, both Class 6 motors incorporate high-end, high-speed processors for exceptional performance.
These Class 6 SmartMotor™ fully integrated servos are available now. For details, submit the form today to see how the Class 6 SmartMotor™ can provide a simple, elegant solution to your most difficult industrial Ethernet applications, saving you both time and money and getting you to market ahead of your competition.